Hedinn was established in Reykjavik in 1922 and builds mainly on its deep-rooted relationship with Icelandic fisheries. Additionally, Hedinn serves a number of heavy and light industries.
Hedinn operates mechanical engineering and steel fabrication departments, with technical engineering at its core, investing heavily in R&D, employing a workforce of around 120.
Hedinn is a private holding company, owned by its founder’s families and management.
The company’s headquarters span some 8,000 square meters on a 22,000 square meter lot at the industrial site in Hafnarfjordur town. Hedinn also has service centers at the Grundartangi industrial site and in Norway.
Hedinn has been recognised as one of Iceland’s strongest companies for the tenth year in a row. Only 2% of Icelandic companies meet these requirements. Companies that meet the following requirements are eligible for the “Strongest in Iceland 2019”:
- Has submitted financial statement to RSK for the fiscal years 2016–2018
- Categorised by Creditinfo in risk category 1, 2 or 3
- Positive EBIT for the fiscal years 2016–2018
- Equity ratio at least 20% for the fiscal years 2016–2018
- Defined as a credit active company according to Creditinfo
- Total operating income at least ISK 50m 2017 and 2018
- Total assets at least ISK 100m for 2018, 100m 2017 and 90m 2016
- Positive operating profit for the fiscal years 2016–2018